Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays everyone! It's my favorite time of the year! Christmas decorations are up, my cough is barely lingering and I'm feeling great!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I made dinner this year, and it was good! I didn't pig out like I had planned, i just couldn't do it, mentally and physically. I've worked too hard in the last few weeks to blow off everything I've done and my body just didn't want it. So I ate moderate portions and was just as satisfied as I would have been had I pigged out. (And no food coma--BONUS.) :)

As far as activity for the long weekend. I ran a 10K Thanksgiving morning (and thanks to the SDPD, was cut short 1.5 miles...and none of the event organizers could answer why, which is fine, I was happy to get home early to start cooking AND was I kind of sick of running behind a older lady in a TOO SHORT skirt who had most of her butt cheeks hanging out from below--not a pretty sight--on a few occassions I couldn't breathe from laughing so hard at the reaction on the faces of the people she would run by.) All in all, it was fun. Saturday morning, did an hour on the elliptical. (There was an America's Next Top Model marathon on Bravo, and I couldn't cut my workout off at the normal 45 minutes and miss the last of the episode!) Haha. Then yesterday, did a weight workout ALONE. I think I was harder on myself than Chris would have been. I kicked my own butt and I'm hurting today. It's a good thing--the next three weeks will leave me very little time to workout with Chris. I need to know that I can do it on my own and not make half the effort because he isn't there pushing me. I did it--and will continue to do it.

I was up before the sun this morning for a cardio session...that'll be the routine every morning until my schedule goes back to normal. It's a nice way to start the day, I think--no more coffee needed.

It's lunch time and I'm staring down at a plate of brown rice, chicken breast strips and steamed green beans while my co-workers are anxiously awaiting our month-end lunch that will consist of Chinese food (YUM). Am I feeling deprived? Nah, not really. Because I LIKE brown rice, chicken and green beans. (And I had two cheat days this week...I didn't intend to, I just couldn't let the leftovers go to waste!)

I received two different comments from co-workers today about my weight loss. It's gratifying and motivating to know that the choices I'm making are showing. :)

As the next few weeks will be packed, I probably won't be able to blog much. But once my schedule cools down, IT'S ON!

Have a great day ya'll! Stay well!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Coreena! This is all hard, but I'm glad I have someone to go through this with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Justin said! Sounds like you're kicking butt. :)

    ReplyDelete