Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Three

Boy, I was exhausted yesterday! I slept very well last night, though; so well that I slept through my alarm this morning and missed doing yoga. Gah! I was looking forward to it too because I’m still SORE. My quads are killing me! As I mentioned yesterday, part of my training is to strengthen the muscles around my knees to help with my chronic knee problems, so I have a feeling sore legs will become a regular occurrence. Bring it. Forget that I walk like I’ve been riding horses all day; it’ll be worth it in the end.

Yesterday was the first day of my new eating plan. I won’t call it a diet because it really doesn’t feel like it. In fact, I felt like I pigged out yesterday! It’s amazing how much you can eat when it’s ‘good for you’ food. I didn’t feel deprived at all. Well, I lie, someone brought a chocolate bundt cake into work yesterday and it kept calling my name every time I walked past the lunch room door, but I was good and didn’t give in (although I did stop and smell it a couple of times.) Oh, and there was that plate of yummy brownies that one of my cast-mates made for rehearsal last night. I sat there eating my salad, staring at the brownies, trying to imagine the lettuce was chocolate. It didn’t work. Oh well.

I’m looking at my calendar right now and my schedule from now until Christmas is going to be NUTSO! The biggest challenge for me through this program is going to be my schedule. Finding the time to prepare meals so I’m not forced to eat out constantly will be difficult. There are a few weeks before the holidays when I will be busy from 8:00am until 10:00pm every night! Fitting workouts in at that time is going to be nearly impossible! I may just have to do squats, planks and push-ups backstage between numbers and hopefully no one runs over me with set pieces. I’ll work it out somehow.

I hope ya’ll have a great day today! I’m going to see if there’s any of that bundt cake left in the lunch room so I can have a sniff or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment