Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day One – And It Begins

Forget that I had just run over a curb and heard a sound from the underside of my car that had me seeing my front right wheel rolling down the sidewalk in my mind, I had made it to my training appointment with Chris Law! (And I’m seriously thinking about getting my eyes re-checked soon…I think my night vision is deteriorating.)

Chris and I met earlier in the day to discuss my training program. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be working with Chris. We’re very much on the same page with what will work for me when it comes to fitness. The program he’s put together for me is going to challenge me, help me reach my goals and help alleviate some chronic conditions I’m currently dealing with (knee problems--UGH). I'll continue to run three times a week, train with him twice a week and incorporate stretching into my routine. (Where I'm going to find the time for all of this, who knows? But I'll make it work.)

The plan is SO simple (I said simple, not easy), that I kind of feel dumb seeking help from a trainer. From my past experience with training, I know what to do, I know what to eat, but If I try to do it on my own, I’ll go hardcore for a month or so, and then fall off of the wagon. I need motivation, focus and a swift kick in the butt twice a week. That’s where Chris comes in. After one training session, I know he’s going to be great at it!

Speaking of the training session--I would like to thank Chris for taking it easy on me for the first time. Getting back into it is very much like riding a bike. But right now, I feel like I’m riding a Huffy with streamers on the handle-bars in a Pinarello world (sorry for the biking jargon, I’m sure ya’ll get my drift).

I got through Day One, virtually unscathed, and I look forward to my next training…hopefully that curb won’t jump out at me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment