Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And I Just Donated All of My ‘Skinny’ Clothes…

…dang it. But they’d been taking up 25% of my closet space. I’d been holding on to those suckers for a long time, six years to be exact. I suppose I had hoped to fit into them again one day. I had come pretty close a few times, but this last July, I moved, and decided that I didn’t want to move things I hadn’t used in awhile, so off to the Salvation Army they went.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not unhappy that I don’t fit into those clothes anymore. I love who I am, no matter what size that may be. But sometimes I can’t help but think that this is the only body I’ve got, and I really should take care of it. I eat well. I drink a lot of water. I run three times a week. I don’t have any nasty drinking, smoking or sugar habits. (Although from time-to-time I like to have a date with a plate of Buffalo wings and a pint of Guinness…that’s normal, right?)

All in all…I feel great…but I know I can feel BETTER.

I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Cooking Me Skinny program. I’ll be working with the best group of fitness experts, trainers, chefs and all-around rad people.

For me, this is about renovating my lifestyle. The weight loss will come secondary. I can’t wait

No comments:

Post a Comment