Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 14 - Getting Back On Track

May I express how much I dislike being sick? Not only does it throw a monkey-wrench in any type of schedule you may set for yourself; it doesn't go away. Here I am, almost a week after my bed-ridden day and I'm still coughing up tiny chunks of my lungs--after having a HEAD COLD. (Someone explain that to me, it makes no sense). Grr.

On a more positive note, today is the first day I've felt 100%, despite the minor injuries from my attempt at running yesterday. No, actually, I didn't attempt it, I DID it, I just didn't do ALL of it. :)

I had to cancel my appointment with Chris last Friday AGAIN, due to a company function that my boss requested I attend in its entirety (rather than skipping out early for my training session). I really hate cancelling appointments and it isn't like me to do it twice in one week (or at all). UGH. But I promised Chris I would take the lifting class at the gym Saturday morning to make up for it. He asked me to text him afterward just to make sure I did it. Thanks for keeping me accountable Chris, I really appreciate it!

I went...and they've change the format a bit from what I'm used to. Rather than working one muscle group at a time, they've started using exercises that work multiple muscle groups at once. It was a little awkward, but I got used to it, and it was a great workout.

I stepped on the scale last Friday and was surprised that it said 177.5. YAY! Which means as of Friday I was 8.5 pounds down from the morning I first worked out with Chris. Now, I'm saying WAS because as of this morning, I weighed 179.5. The few extra pounds I'm sure is my body holding on to any extra fluid it can thanks to my little bout with dehydration yesterday. A few days of proper hydration should take care of those pounds. Good times.

I'll be completely back on track this week and I couldn't be happier about it. This evening, when I get home from rehearsal, I'll be stretching for an hour or so (boy, do I need it). Tomorrow morning elliptical for 45 minutes (and a 3 hour rehearsal in the evening). Wednesday, I'm working out with Chris (woo-hoo!). Thursday, I will be running the 'Run For The Hungry' 10k downtown. Friday, I'll see if I can pop into a yoga class at the gym, then Saturday I'll take the lifting class at the gym again.

It's going to be a CRAZY week! I'm going to need all the energy I can muster up to get through it! Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment