Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 7

I just spent the last two days recovering from the butt-whooping Chris gave me on Friday evening. GOOD LORD! I was pretty much worked to the point of exhaustion and it felt great! The good news is that I'm 27% to my first short term goal and I've lost over 4% body fat! What the...? I know, right? In just 4 days...that's CRAZY. It's all about what I eat and following the program Chris has given me. Getting results like that is definitely a motivator to keep going!

Even better news, is that the soreness in my muscles has pretty much subsided. So my recovery time between workouts won't affect my running as much as it did last week. Yay!

I just signed up for the Pure Fitness 'Run For The Hungry' 10K on Thansgiving. That's 6.2 miles, 6.2 looooong miles. It's doable, I ran 6.5 last weekend, and will have an 8 miler under my belt this week, so I'll be okay. It'll be in my old stomping grounds (downtown), so that will be nice. Familiar territory and a flat course is much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to it..I need all the calorie burn I can get before the food shenanigans that will occur that afternoon. I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, it's the only way I can control ingredients that will fit into the 'healthy' realm. Although I won't subject my family to a stuffed ToFurkey like I did a few years ago. I think they'd disown me if I did again. Haha.

I had my 'cheat' day on Saturday. I was a good girl all morning and afternoon then splurged at dinner with friends. Hey, I figure, if I'm good for 34 meals a week, I can splurge on one and it won't do much damage. (That, and I'm ALLOWED to have a cheat day, how cool is that?)

But I woke up feeling like death yesterday (of course, on my only day off for the next 6 weeks). I laid on the couch ALL DAY. I definitely did not feel well, I don't know if it was exhaustion, sickness or that extra glass of wine I had for dinner. I almost lost my lunch a few times (which could have been attributed to the fact that the pasta I ate had been sitting in the fridge for a few weeks--woops). So, I stuck to eating pretzels for the afternoon. I never realized how salty pretzels are...but they were the only thing I could keep down, so I ate them. I'm definitely feeling a little bloated today from all that salt.

I work out with Chris again tomorrow night. I hope I'm feeling up to par...wish me luck! I have a feeling I'll need it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment